When I found out I was pregnant with Lennox, I started thinking about the day to day logistics of taking care of two kids. I knew that baby wearing would soon be in my future. I already owned an Ergo Baby Carrier, but I remembered being so frustrated when trying to get Audrey into it. There was one day where I ended up in tears because I was running late for a doctor’s appointment and, was struggling to reach the buckles and straps. This is why I started looking into wrap style carriers for baby number two. I first came across the Beluga Baby Wrap on Instagram. I visited their website and watched tutorials on how to use the wrap, which appeared way less complicated than my Ergo carrier. The company was founded by Haley Campbell a fellow Canadian Mama. The wraps are made here in Canada out of sustainable bamboo fabric. I have been wearing the wrap since Lennox was 3 weeks old, though it can be used from birth. Here are the top five reasons why I love this wrap
- The freedom it allows me to care for and interact with Audrey. Everything from helping her go potty and pushing her on the swing at the park.
- The pocket! One end of the wrap has a pocket. I always do a side tie and can easily reach this pocket where I stash my keys and cell phone when we go for walks. I absolutely love this feature of the Beluga Baby Wrap.
- The size of the wrap. The wrap folds up and you can tuck it into the pocket. It is so compact that it fits in a diaper bag or purse. Wherever Lennox and I go, the wrap goes to. There are times when he is super fussy and will only settle when snuggled in the wrap.
- It’s comfortable and light weight. It is perfect for the summer heat. I do not get too hot when out at the parks with Audrey. It’s so comfortable that I was able to sit and watch 2 hours of my niece’s dance recital with little Lennox in tow, and can wear it the duration of Lennox’s long nap.
- The look of the wrap. These wraps come in either a solid colour or stripes that are compatible with your own wardrobe/style. I choose the Shannon Light Grey and White because I already had a lot of grey clothing items. I love that the fabric choices don’t scream “I just had a baby”. The fabric choice is very simplistic and this allows it to match whatever you are wearing.
For any of you Mamas looking for a wrap style carrier head over to the Beluga Baby Wrap website and check them out. You won’t be disappointed.
(All photos by Ericka of Little Moments )
*Please note I was not financially compensated for this post. I received free products for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*