Recently I was writing my best friend a letter while my daughter was colouring. In this letter I mentioned to my friend that if I behaved anything like my toddler that my family would be dragging me to my psychiatrist office for assessment. Seriously if I ran around, singing random songs, throwing myself on the floor in a tantrum or doing 12 different things in a 10 minutes span people would describe me as manic and encourage me to see my doctor. After saying this I decided to take note of everything my daughter did for the next 10 minutes. She did 12 different things as listed below.
9:35-9:45 am on a Saturday
- Singing Ba Ba Black Sheep
- Playing with doll clothes
- Opening/closing a box
- Went downstairs to find her doll’s purple soother
- Back upstairs to play with the box
- Brought her doctor toys and stuffed puppy downstairs to play
- Claimed she needed to go potty to poo
- Only went pee
- Threw box of baby wipes across the hall
- Hugged my legs and said “love you”
- Back downstairs to get her puppy
- Brought puppy to me and said “no more sick”
I am pretty sure that if I threw a box of wipes passed you, then grabbed your legs and said “I love you” you would definitely think I was crazy.